Trail Run Camp June 16-18 2017
You’ve had the winter and spring season to get your feet dirty on the trails. Now it’s time to take things up a notch this weekend!
Explore the amazing trails of Hockley Valley in the company of others who share a passion for trail running. Whether you are new to the trails or are an established trail runner, this camp has something for everyone, including runs of various distances and various discussions covering topics such as training, injury prevention, strengthening activities, nutrition, proper trail running technique and more. A perfect weekend to get in your fix of trail runs while identifying ways to improve your technique and training regimen and to get the most of your trail running experience.
- Amazing trails that start right from the Lodge or a few minutes drive away
- Up to 4 runs of varying distances and paces
- Option to run longer Saturday afternoon
- On the spot feedback on your run technique
- Interactive discussions with guest speakers
- 5 catered meals prepared on the spot
- Chance to unplug and unwind while treating yourself to a perfect weekend!
- Prizes from Salomon Toronto
- NEW: Guest speaker Chantal Warriner will be sharing her experience and favourite tips when it comes to training for Ultra events while balancing working full time and hanging out with her husband and kids.
- See FAQ below for more info
Registration includes 2-night (shared) accommodation at the rustic and charming Ecology Retreat Centre, 5 meals, registration kit and draw prizes. Retreat begins Friday afternoon and finishes Sunday late morning (giving you the rest of the day to celebrate Father’s Day). Cost $395.
- Email me at email@example.com and I will send you a registration from.
- A spot will be reserved once you have sent back the completed form and sent in your payment. Space is limited and its a first come first serve.
Led by Jennifer Faraone, elite trail runner and coach. Jennifer is a Salomon Ambassador and has raced nationally and internationally, with many podium finishes including winner of Transrockies 3 day event in Colorado and 2nd place North Face 50k Championship in San Francisco. She coaches athletes both privately and with MB Performance. She has led many trail running clinics throughout the GTA, and has been hosting trail running retreats for several years.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Is this for me?
If you want to treat yourself to an amazing weekend, love trail running and want to 1) learn more; 2) meet others; 3) identify ways to get better; and 4) discover some great trails—they yes, this is for you!
- Do I have to participate in all runs?
No! This weekend is all about you, and what you need. You can choose to skip a run and go for a walk instead or simply stay back and chill. Or you can get in as much running as possible. With the exception of the run where we focus on technique, the routes are such that you can tailor the distance to your preference.
- I’m not fast. Can I still come?
Of course! The runs are set up to accommodate different paces; I will do my best to pair you up with others of similar paces.
- How much distance do we cover in the runs?
Run distances are customizable and are based on your pace and preference. Runs can be anywhere between 45min up to 2hrs at a leisure pace depending on your preference. Although still tentative, there will likely be a run Friday late afternoon, Saturday morning and afternoon and Sunday morning.
- What are the accommodations like?
The Ecology Retreat Centre is rustic charm. The Lodge is nestled in the middle of the woods, with a small stream running by and bonfire pit a few steps away. Meeting space is peaceful and relaxing with its wall-to-wall windows and wooden interior. Accommodations are shared with another person and I will pair you up with another person if you are coming solo.
- What do I need to bring?
Whatever you need for running-including trail run shoes, multiple change of clothes, drinks and foods while running. Be prepared for various weather conditions as we run in the heat and rain. All meals are provided however you are welcomed to bring some snacks. Bedding and towels are provided.
- When does it start and finish?
For those who can make it, there will be an optional run Friday mid afternoon; otherwise I’m hoping everyone can make between 430-530pm in time for dinner. We will be finishing late Sunday morning, giving you the rest of the day to celebrate Father’s day with your family.
- Can you cater to special diets?
- Yes! For a few extra dollars, the Lodge can accommodate restrictions such as gluten free, vegetarian, etc.
- Is it refundable?
Unfortunately payment is non-refundable unless we can find someone to take you place (e.g. if there is a wait list)